Where Homeownership Matters
The West Cook Homeownership Center provides pre-purchase and first-time home buyer counseling for those looking to buy a home. Our counseling program will give you the tools you need to make an informed and secure housing choice. Our Home Purchase Advisors will give you the information you need to make a smart decision including:
- What to look for in a home
- What down payment or other financial assistance is available to help you.
- What type of homeownership option is best for you, such as detached single-family, condo or town home, two- or three-flat
- How to choose a real estate agent
- How to shop for the best mortgage and what types of mortgage products to avoid
- How to avoid discrimination and predatory lenders
- How and why you need to hire an independent attorney and inspector
- How to shop for homeowners insurance
What to expect at closing
Your home will be the biggest investment of your life.
Our pre-purchase counseling will help you make it a wise investment as well.
Programs & Services
Learn more about all the programs & services we offer here, including:
- Homeownership Counseling
- Foreclosure Prevention
- Financial Empowerment
- Homeownership Preservation
- Down Payment Assistance